Wednesday, October 20, 2010

And the world spins on

For a little while there I thought we were at the dawn of a new age of enlightenment. To tell you the truth, I am pretty sure it's just more of the same--not in a bad way or anything, but I don't think the world is changing nearly so dramatically or quickly as I previously believed.

I was pondering war tonight. The U.S. government is responsible for perhaps the most brilliant propaganda effort in history. How else to explain a slack-jawed, wall-eyed populace bleating like sheep as we march into two unjustified wars of aggression? Two countries that never attacked us. Two countries that have already been blisteringly smashed into near oblivion. And yet somehow over half of the country zombie-like marches in lockstep with the party line. 

Wake. Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment