Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ideas for poems yet no new poems yet

And yeah sat talking about Surrender and thought of how fighting addiction with the mind instead of the heart could only end with one splayed out like a lamb gone to the wolves the throat all ripped and blood pumping heartbeat rhythmic life draining out

And yet that image resulted in nothing, there is no poem forthcoming, and

Pictured blueberry pie with splinters of glass in it, that's how I picture Heroin.

The fact that I don't have the answers doesn't mean I've stopped looking. I keep searching and thinking and obsessing and all this thought changes nothing, but hey, gotta stay occupied somehow right?

I am not sure why the world is As Is, No Warranty, I guess if there is a "God" then we were meant to figure it out for ourselves apparently because no Magic Sky Captain is parting the clouds and booming down voice all baritone to say, "Well, Ross, you want to know bad enough--obviously--so here's what's really going on."

Learning to be comfortable with not knowing the answer to what this is all about -- there's a goal worth striving toward, never for, because if I'm convinced that for (or forth-ward) there will be a solution to the equation then I'm in the same damn position anyhow -- or wait -- or

You see a horse in the field it's back all bowed like a comma yes that's the image I think of from here on when I pontificate on the never-ending way of the day to day...

Back may bend but will not break.

Ross

1 comment: