Saturday, September 11, 2010

Play something familiar...

I. Love. Portland.

I watched The Decemberists down at Pioneer Courthouse Square tonight--it was pretty much amazing. 

Went up to Washington Park with Mark--we hiked around and around and ended up down at the International Rose Test Garden.  It was pretty surreal--there was some insane lesbian pop/guitar duo playing in the amphitheater, shrieking songs which included the word vagina and the line, "Stop staring at my tits--I don't want you to."  It was...um...out of place, to say the least.  Walking between thousands of roses amongst senior citizens while Lilith-Fair-gone-dirty went down a couple hundred yards away--priceless.

Then a drag queen duo took the stage and sang a song about smoking pot...wow.  It's a strange world.
 
It was after that that we ended up down at Pioneer Square.  We ran into another friend, Tyler, and wandered around a bit until The Decemberists took the stage.  I am pretty much in love with Colin Meloy.  True story.

My life is seriously amazing.  I couldn't have predicted this.  Really.

Furthermore, there's no reason to be afraid.  Ever.

Love,
Rosswell

No comments:

Post a Comment